Talk

Advanced search

11 month old waking in the night in a temper!

(2 Posts)
LucySatsuma Fri 28-Sep-12 06:41:04

Hello, for the last 2 nights my son has woken crying at about 1am. He has never been a brilliant sleeper but he is gradually improving and I am much less neurotic about it all than I think I was when he was tiny(probably because I am getting more sleep myself now). Anyway usually i go to him and be able to calm him reasonably easily and get him back to sleep but these 2 occasions he's been really really cross and arched his back and pushed me away and screamed. He hasn't had a night feed for some months now but breast milk was the only thing that could calm him.

Anyone experienced this?! I am pretty sure he wasn't hungry or in pain, he just sounded so so frustrated. I don't really want to get into the habit of night feeding again. I guess it's just a funny phase....I have also noticed this week he is developing hugely in other areas like his mobility and ability to understand certain things I say and also he's been more adventurous with biting and chewing his food. Maybe his brain is aching!

ZuleikaD Fri 28-Sep-12 07:36:09

It could be a developmental spurt. I agree it would probably be best to avoid restarting nightfeeding at this age if you can - could your partner go in to him next time? He may settle with a cuddle and some humming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now