Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do friendships need to be so complicated?!

(5 Posts)
NorthernGobshite Thu 27-Sep-12 21:18:27

I feel like I am constantly moaning on here at the moment...
My dd (7) is having friend issues at school. I am sure it's the usual stuff but I don't remember 7 being this complicated!? There is a group of girls and sometimes they play well, other times someone gets left out. It seems to be dd mostly but then I don't know how other girls feel. Is this normal at 7 and any advice?

I have told her just to ignore any silliness and play with the people who treat her well. She is also a bit of a bossy boots and takes it upon her self to make sure people are following the rules; clearly this is not how to win friends!?! So I have told her that she should bite her tongue and let the teacher deal with rule breakers!

I don't know what else to tell her?

lljkk Thu 27-Sep-12 21:21:06

Try to be the sort of friend she wants others to be to her?

Honestly, stay well out of it as much as possible.

NorthernGobshite Thu 27-Sep-12 21:26:21

She is a kind lovely child and I think apart from the bossiness, is probably quite a good friend. I am keeping out of it, but if she talks to me about it I am hardly going to ignore her!

lljkk Fri 28-Sep-12 07:41:26

Oh yes, fascinating to me because I thought it was just kids at the bottom who got caught up in this nonsense, but seems they all do. DD-y6 can go on for an hour about the social status of everyone in her class & who is friends with who, who broke up, who made up, who likes who, etc.

NorthernGobshite Fri 28-Sep-12 09:50:38

Kids at the bootom? I don't understand?

It is amazing though the politics and social stratas of friendship!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now