Talk

Advanced search

13 mo suddenly off food and gagging

(2 Posts)
Lynzjam Tue 25-Oct-11 19:42:44

Hi All

I'm a bit gutted because I knew how lucky I was to have a wee DD who loves her grub.

Since yesterday she has been off her food and I've had to put her majority of her meals in the bin.

I'm just hoping it's a phase or that she is under the weather or something but wondering if you have advice?

She's had about three full days at nursery (supposed to attend two days a week) but she's actually been off sick three times because she is catching everything. She's had a cold and runny nose for over a week now and developed a cough nearly a week ago.

When eating she tends to gag every so often and pick food out of her mouth. This is so disconcerting for me because usually she eats the lot and more if there's any going.

It has occurred to me it may be a developmental thing as sometimes I see a hint of mischief in her eyes. The gagging thing does not seem right though!

She is eating some food though (raisins, cheese and natural yoghurt) and is quite tubby anyway so could afford to picky just now I guess. Oh and she is refusing her one BF a day too. I'm gutted about this too as she could do with an immune system boost now more than ever!

Grrrr...any ideas?

trixie123 Tue 25-Oct-11 22:24:31

Our DS (26m) will eat for Britain and is well known for it among family and nursery etc but he went through phases of seeming to not eat much at all. She is presumably increasing the amount of independence in her eating (the extent to which she feeds herself etc) so a lot of it might be down to a control thing and this might include the gagging (DS has a fake cough at the moment that he thinks is hilarious!). As she is not wasting away I really wouldn't worry, let her fill up on the things she likes at the moment (though not ice cream and biscuits obviously). It will pass as all these phases do..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now