Talk

Advanced search

9 month old drinking problems!

(6 Posts)
Pickle1234 Mon 24-Oct-11 11:15:59

Please can someone tell me they have had the same experience!!
My 9 mo will not drink water, she will take it from the sippy cup and spit it straight back out!! I have tried squash, fruit juice but makes absolutely no difference, everyone I speak to keeps saying.. oh havent heard of that before and its driving me mad!!
Have you had the same and what else did you try? Don't know what else to do to try and encourage her!

greenshoot19 Mon 24-Oct-11 13:40:52

Oh don't worry Pickles, my DD was the same and I think its very normal and I've heard it lots of times before! I just kept persisting, and in fact introducing a proper mug nearer 1 year helped, and the older she got and the less milk she was being given, the thirstier she was and the more she started to drink water/juice. She'll take it eventually, don't worry smile

Pickle1234 Mon 24-Oct-11 13:49:03

Thank you very much! Just nice to hear someone else had the same! :-)

Timeoutofmind Mon 24-Oct-11 13:59:17

My DD is 9mo and exactly the same. I have posted here before and was told not to worry but everyone I know keeps saying how strange it is that she only sips water sometimes, most of the time either turns her head or just spits it out!! It's so hard not to worry!!

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Mon 24-Oct-11 14:49:47

My DS didnt drink ANYTHING until he was night weaned at 11 months.
Then as if by magic he'd drink anything smile

Pickle1234 Mon 24-Oct-11 15:13:13

Thank you for your replies, you have put my mind at rest, sick of people telling me .. oh thats not normal blah blah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now