Talk

Advanced search

Toddlers and Daytime naps

(5 Posts)
BlackCatinaWitchesHatonaBroom Thu 20-Oct-11 17:33:58

DD has not been having naps in the day for a month or so now (might be longer than that) So I am a little concerned that today she is having one.

My question is: Is it normal for them to have a daytime nap out of the blue?
(She is nearly 3 years old)

Has anyone else had their dc do this at a similar age?

Bossybritches22 Thu 20-Oct-11 21:42:11

Totally normal,probably just playing catch up after a busy week or a restless night.

When my DD's were that age they often had a nap once or twice a week, then go months without.

She could also be fighting a bug so best let her have extra rest to help throw it off!

Enjoy the peace!

AnxiousElephant Thu 20-Oct-11 22:00:36

Yes, dd2 stopped at approx 2.5yo then we realised that her behaviour was getting worse and she flaked out after about a month - we went back to a nap every other day of 45 mins, which worked well. The other day dd2 (now 3.6) fell asleep but it was because she wasn't well.

My dd1 needed a nap until 3.11 and would still have one after school if nothing was going on! grin She is now 5.9!

SeamStitch Thu 20-Oct-11 22:14:04

My 2.5 year old DD stopped having naps after lunch for about a month or so, she has now had a bit of a growth spurt and has started pre-school a few mornings a week and is exhausted and is back to 2 hours every afternoon. I think its great, I get some peace again!

AngelDog Fri 21-Oct-11 22:22:05

Yes. smile It often takes months and months to completely drop the nap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now