Talk

Advanced search

My DS 3 to cleaver that is my doctors answer

(7 Posts)
HidingInTheBathroom Thu 20-Oct-11 15:48:01

Just come back from the doctor appointment regarding my sons behaviour. He us a very active naughty 3 year old.

The doctor had spent a hour with us playing games with him. She says his able to do things a 5 year old would struggle with. She says because he is cleaver he gets bored too quickly and become disrupted. So he needs to be continuously stimulated.

So now what should I do. I have 3 DC and work full time. How can I continually keel him stimulated.

This is not boasting I'm at my wit end from my DS bad behaviour and have tried all sorts to help him.

Majestic12 Thu 20-Oct-11 15:49:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeresTheScaryThingBooyhoo Thu 20-Oct-11 15:55:05

what is his behaviour that you have an issue with?

HidingInTheBathroom Thu 20-Oct-11 16:00:33

My sil looks after him 3 days a week and he is at nursery twice a week. They tell me when he is at nursery he Is really good. My but we struggle at home with him.

He is good when he is having 1-1 but I can not do that all the time. We have been trying star charts that didn't work. We have tried the naughty step he asks us if he can go back on the naughty step.

The worst behaviour is the hitting and chucking things. He attacks his sister and brother. He runs off and before now we didn't lock the front door and he managed to sneak out and run straight across the road. He is constantly on the go hypo. And he will not listen. sad

HidingInTheBathroom Thu 20-Oct-11 16:11:09

Obviously my DS can not take after me with my awful spelling. Sorry on my phone and predictive text is not helping.

BlackCatinaWitchesHatonaBroom Thu 20-Oct-11 17:55:10

You have me worried now as you have just described my nearly 3 year old!
She does all of the above but hasn't yet escaped from the house.
She is bright, can talk quite well apart from pronouncing a few things wrong and counts to 20. (This is not a boast by the way!)

HidingInTheBathroom Thu 20-Oct-11 21:13:36

He is the same for around a year he can count up to 20 write his name and spell it. He can do the alphabet.

So how can I stop him getting bored. I can not possibly be stimulating just him all day. Is this what they call the middle child syndrome sad

One day he can be good as gold the next he turns back into the little monster. It is embarrassing when we go out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now