Talk

Advanced search

12 month old and naps

(3 Posts)
mosser Tue 18-Oct-11 12:45:48

Hello I have a 12 month old who up to now has been a dream. Slept, napped, and ate well. Suddenly she turns one and has become a fussy eater (surely they cant survive on just cheese and breadsticks!) and hates having her nappy changed (we've had a few accidents on the carpet after she has cried, screamed and wriggled out of my grasp!). Also I just wanted to ask for advice as she has gone from two naps a day to one nap. Is this normal at 12 months old? Should I try to establish a routine or just go with the flow?

MissPenteuth Tue 18-Oct-11 17:55:20

Dropping to one nap at about 12mo is perfectly normal. Some parents try to move the nap to after lunch, but do whatever works best for you. She may well gradually adjust her naptime by herself, my DD did.

As for the nappy-changing, my DD had a similar phase as well. We used to give her things to hold to distract her, or give her a book to look at.

Food-wise, I think they all go through fussy stages too. Sometimes they go off food a bit when teething as well. We just offered bits and pieces, and if a few meals consist of fruit and toast then so be it. A good piece of advice given to me was "no child ever starved that was offered food" smile

mosser Tue 18-Oct-11 19:21:08

Thanks for your message. I will try to put her down for nap after lunch and see how that goes. I think this period of change is more stressful for me than her! As they say babies dont come with a manual but I wish they did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now