Talk

Advanced search

My DS can't jump

(8 Posts)
Trish1200 Tue 18-Oct-11 08:56:33

He's 2.3, is this normal?

Catsdontcare Tue 18-Oct-11 08:57:54

Yes that's fine, ds1 didn't jump until he was about three. I remember being worried because my friends 2 year old could. It's like walking they all do it at different times

Tgger Tue 18-Oct-11 13:51:25

Yeah, very normal. Don't stress. Some can jump not long after they walk, a lot are nearer 3 I think.

naturalbaby Tue 18-Oct-11 13:54:58

it's a hard skill to learn - having watched 2 kids learn how, and it takes a long time. does he try, what does he do on a trampoline, what can he do, how does he do it?
we got a mini trampoline for christmas when ds1 was 2.8 and that helped him learn how to do it.

posey Tue 18-Oct-11 20:41:57

We were doing a PE activity today at preschool and I was supervising the bit where they were jumping. I would say that it was 50-50 those that could and those that couldn't. All children age 2 - 2.9. Not always the older ones that could jump either.

Bluestocking Tue 18-Oct-11 21:03:37

My son couldn't jump at 2.3 - I remember him trying - it was desperately cute, he'd wind himself up with a tremendous look of concentration on his little face, but only manage to get one foot off the floor. Now he's seven, he can vault over a fence that's as high as his shoulders! Your boy will figure it out.

shoots Wed 19-Oct-11 14:31:06

My dd was nearly 3 when she learned how to jump. She was late walking and has a few problems with her balance. I'm now worried that she can't hop as she is 4.5 yrs and jumps rather than hops on one leg!

Quenelle Wed 19-Oct-11 14:37:12

My DS is the same age. He makes a big performance out of leaping over a crack in the pavement but doesn't actually leave the ground yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now