Talk

Advanced search

When do stop using a high chair!

(9 Posts)
LouLou525 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:05:26

Hi all,
I have a 15 month old son and I was just wondering when to loose the high chair? He sat really nicley at a little chair and table the other day; so it got me thinking about loosing the high chair. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appriciated.
Louise.

thousandDenier Sun 16-Oct-11 21:09:04

We bought DS a little table and chair of his own (from Ikea) at that age. He loved it but it took a while to get him to sit at it for any length of time.

SazZaVoom Sun 16-Oct-11 21:10:47

My DD's are 4.11 and 3.2 and still use their Ikea wooden 'high chairs'. I find having them on normal chairs they mess around and slide off. However they moved into these at 18 months from the baby high chair. He may be fine on a litttle table, but presumably you want him to be able to eat at a big table with you?

SazZaVoom Sun 16-Oct-11 21:11:59

These are the Ikea ones we have. You can take the T-bar off once they are older and they become just 'high' chairs

latrucha Sun 16-Oct-11 21:13:29

Ds 15 months has been in a booster for a while now. Mainly because he's a wilfully independent little bugger. He's angling to have a plain chair like the rest of us now.

cat64 Sun 16-Oct-11 21:38:24

Message withdrawn

GuillotinedMaryLacey Sun 16-Oct-11 21:42:16

DD used a little table and chairs form about 2 years old. We felt it was more useful in training her to sit nicely at the table than sticking her in a chair that she couldn't get out of. Having seen this with other family members as soon as the children were released from the highchair they bolted. DD is used to sitting at the table voluntarily and staying until she's allowed to get down.

BlueChampagne Mon 17-Oct-11 13:05:50

Mine both refused to use it from about 18 months and insisted on sitting/kneeling on adult chairs, so didn't get much choice!

ohbabybaby Mon 17-Oct-11 13:42:18

When I was too pregnant to lift DS1 up.

About 18 months, got a little table and chair, bit bigger than the Ikea one and I manage to sit and eat lunch and breakfast with him there (don't eat tea with him, but sit with him). Or we strap him into the dining room chair if eating in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now