Talk

Advanced search

Big girl bed

(6 Posts)
karzg1 Sat 15-Oct-11 08:52:36

I have recently moved my 20 mth in to her big girl bed the first night was a great success but since then it has gradually got worse she wont stay in her bed she was coming through to our room every night so we put a safety gate on her door and now she just screams unto we go through to her .......i am worried that i may have put her in her big girl bed too early will i be making things worse if i put her back in to her cot??
She has a brother or sister arriving in december so will be moving rooms too should i put her back in her cot unto she moves in to her new room and gets used to it??
Help please .....from a very very sleepy mummy sad

AKMD Sat 15-Oct-11 09:09:10

Putting her back in her cot in her new room would seem to be the best solution. Why did you take her out? Did she outgrow her cot? If so, I know it's a pain but can you get a cotbed for her and keep the cot for the new baby?

DS is 20mo and I haven't even considered putting him into a bed yet.

karzg1 Sat 15-Oct-11 09:18:48

No she hadnt outgrown her cot we thought moving her in to her big bed before going in to the new room might have been easier for her but seeing what she is like now i think we have done the wrong thing .....she has only been out her cot for a week so i think we will put her back in it tonight .....its a cot bed she is in so we can just put it all back together as a cot

AKMD Sat 15-Oct-11 09:22:48

Sounds good. Have you redecorated her new room? Maybe if she came with you to choose a rug, that would help her to be excited about her new room.

karzg1 Sat 15-Oct-11 09:40:30

we havent yet just waiting for the joiners to come in first and put new walls in the bedroom then it will be all systems go with the decorating we are doing it in a theme that she likes so i am hoping that will help .....thank you for your sugesstions ........We have decided to go back to the cot tonight and see how it goes

Tgger Sat 15-Oct-11 17:01:43

Yeah, stick to the cot until you really have to move her! Much easier with them in the cot. We moved DD at about 2.5 (unlike DS who we moved at just 2). Both went into bed- was a toddler bed actually- very easily with no getting out of bed or anything. Some kids do move a lot earlier, but I would only do this if they are climbing out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now