Talk

Advanced search

DS2's behaviour is worse

(6 Posts)
Curiousmama Fri 14-Oct-11 19:13:56

DS2 (age 11) has always had problems. When very young he was such hard work and I was pretty sure he'd turn out to be autistic or something similar? I took him for CO a few times and that worked a treat. His social skills improved and he was a pleasure. Had a few hiccups when younger but been ok. He was usually well behaved but had a few quirks, one being a button phobia. He still has this and won't eat if he can see them.
Lately he's been cheeky and swearing more. Even used the C word a few times towards his older brother sad He went into year 6 in September and seemed happier at school, he's the oldest now. But tbh he's just got cocky. Tonight his teacher stopped me for a chat. He'd been doodling in class rather than listening. Also looking at some cards when he shouldn't and when told to report to his teacher he pretended to go and told TA he had been. He does lie a fair bit at home and doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with that?

I'm not sure what to do? Maybe he could do with some professional help? I think I'll have a meeting with his teacher to start with? I told exdh but tbh he isn't very helpful. He's far too easy going. He said he'll have a chat hmm Dp is great although he's getting really fed up now.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and found something to help?

Curiousmama Sat 15-Oct-11 10:29:30

MadameSin Sun 16-Oct-11 21:50:27

Does his school have any other concerns at the moment or in the past?

Curiousmama Mon 17-Oct-11 18:25:27

He sees a speech therapist but is much improved there. Nothing wrong with his speech it's his understanding and taking things literally. He does struggle with literacy. He's had help in the past for his numeracy but is doing fine now. He's only been at this school a year as we moved. He's quite shy so took him a while to settle although he loves it there. Now he's a big boy I think he's getting a bit beyond himself?

Anyway today he had a good day but he's laid up feeling ill right now so we'll see what he's like when he's back at school?

Thanks for answering MS smile

lingle Mon 17-Oct-11 19:05:13

I took him for CO a few times

what is CO?

Curiousmama Mon 17-Oct-11 22:17:11

Cranial Osteopathy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now