Talk

Advanced search

Why has my 12 year old's development gone backwards?

(7 Posts)
belledechocchipcookie Wed 12-Oct-11 13:56:15

He's now obsessively addicted to bloody pokemon, his social skills have gone backwards and he's now covering his ears/getting upset/sobbing when he's asked to do something he doesn't particularly like. confused He has friends, but only on the pokefarm web site hmm It's hard work trying to get him out of the house as this is all he wants to do (I don't let him though). He wasn't like this 6 months ago. What do I do?

Thank you.

MadameSin Wed 12-Oct-11 15:40:25

Has he changed schools??

belledechocchipcookie Wed 12-Oct-11 18:31:48

No. They have mixed the classes up though and he's now in the same class as a kid who bullied him last year. Ds has said he's been OK though.

MadameSin Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:00

Only asked as wondered about bullying at school or just the changes may affect him ... something to think about. Kids don't always talk about what's going on as they don't like parents to make a deal or fuss out of it .....

belledechocchipcookie Wed 12-Oct-11 20:08:56

He's told me about it in the past. I've asked to see his personal tutor. He says he only does this when he's stressed, I can't understand why he's not done this before though.

MadameSin Wed 12-Oct-11 21:17:15

Stressed about what though ??

belledechocchipcookie Wed 12-Oct-11 21:23:20

Usually it's when I ask him to do something, he says it's my tone confused I don't shout, I'm not rude or harsh. I've no idea.

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now