Talk

Advanced search

joining into physical activities

(6 Posts)
LakeGenevaMum Tue 11-Oct-11 14:10:20

hi all, i have a 27 month old and we go to a baby gym class every week. thing is, she is not interested in joining in on the "obstacle course" which all the other kids love. In fact, she only wants to join in when we are singing songs ie the bit she is interested in. Has anyone else experianced this? At times feel a bit worried why she doesnt want to join in or play with the others...
Advice welcome!

MosEisley Tue 11-Oct-11 14:45:43

Maybe it just isn't her 'thing'? Can you just go to a singing class instead? There are tons of different groups and classes out there, so something for everyone...

Octaviapink Tue 11-Oct-11 18:50:58

I don't think you should be bothered - she likes what she likes.

LakeGenevaMum Wed 12-Oct-11 20:21:38

Yep, we have now also joined a music class, shes shy to join in but is enjoying herself. Im hoping with time she will bash a few drums and join in the activities.

deaconblue Wed 12-Oct-11 20:56:49

My dcs are not 'joiners'. Neither will play pass the parcel, join in with singing or anything like that. They are both perfectly happy to watch others though

LakeGenevaMum Fri 14-Oct-11 21:34:06

Thanks all, have helped to reassure me that all is as it should be and all kids have their own "comfort zone"- sometimes forget this when others are quick to comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now