Talk

Advanced search

9 week old 1st baby sleep

(6 Posts)
l999 Tue 11-Oct-11 13:16:14

Hi
My 9 week old (10 week in 3 days) sleeps approx 9 hrs (split up) in day then goes to bed at 22:30 at wakes at 06:00. she wakes in day for a feed roughly every 2 hrs then only takes 2 ounces and goes back to sleep. Surely this is not right?? She only has about 1 hr split up into 10 min periods in day when she is awake and playing - rest of time she is crying for food or just grizzly.
Can anyone offer any advice - I am fed up of this - being a mummy is not what I expected :-(

passmeanotherpineapple Tue 11-Oct-11 13:50:46

Hi...i'm a bit confused at what you think is wrong?
My dd (7 weeks) does pretty much the same except at night she wakes for 1 feed between 3 & 5... During the day she's fed on demand (breast) every 2-ish hours/10 mins-ish & sleeps in between each one, well the odd half hour here and there of play. Is that not right?? What is it you where expecting?

ScaredTEECat Tue 11-Oct-11 13:52:15

Sounds like a 10 week old to me...

seeker Tue 11-Oct-11 13:52:23

Not sure what you were expecting- could you tell us how you would like that to change?

l999 Tue 11-Oct-11 14:01:27

Thanks ladies - its my 1st and thought she may have been awake for a little longer! Has been asleep 8 hrs already today and wasnt sure if that was too much (only 2pm and still going) She used to be awake a lot more but maybe she is just growing. If it is normal then thats good!

ScaredTEECat Tue 11-Oct-11 14:20:29

She is probably going through a growth spurt. Enjoy the peace while she sleeps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now