Talk

Advanced search

through the night sleeping

(7 Posts)
laurenamium Sun 09-Oct-11 18:44:26

My DD is 10 months old and wakes up every 2 - 3 hours in the night still, she has never slept through, doesnt want a bottle when she wakes, just settles straight back down after putting her dummy in...any tips on getting her to sleep? I have tried controlled crying and leaving her, the longer she is left the more she wakes herself up and ends up making herself sick after 2 hours.

Any help appreciated!

smellsofsick Sun 09-Oct-11 18:55:12

Hmm I wonder if it's time to ditch the dummy. If she's not hungry or ill then might be time to gradually get rid of it.

Does she use it for naps in the day? If so maybe try and get rid of it one nap at a time until she learns to settle herself without it. Perhaps a cuddly toy or cloth could replace it? Sounds like she's waking up when the dummy falls out.

laurenamium Sun 09-Oct-11 20:16:04

I think you might be right!!she already has a sleepy blanket so I'll try cutting the nap time dummy's in the day!

smellsofsick Sun 09-Oct-11 20:21:12

Worth a go, particularly if it means you get some sleep at last. I've got a 10mo DD too so can empathise!

AngelDog Sun 09-Oct-11 21:38:03

The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley has ideas for weaning off a dummy.

laurenamium Mon 10-Oct-11 20:28:22

Oh thanks I'll look that one up!

mairi2010 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:07:48

My DS used to wake up every hour overnight to have his dummy put back in so we decided to get rid of it at age six months. He took about 30 min to go off to sleep the first two nights but he only woke once through the night and on the third night slept nearly thirteen hours and has been a fabulous sleeper ever since. Would definitely recommend getting rid of the dummy - good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now