Talk

Advanced search

1 yr old seems to be regressing in every way...

(9 Posts)
threeinmybed Sun 09-Oct-11 14:03:29

title says it all. I'm so tired and tearful. He won't sleep properly (usually amazing), he's crying and teasy, he goes up for a nap and just cries on an off the whole time even though he is tired. He has gone back to slithering on his belly a lot even though he crawls and cruises well. I am exhausted. Nothing is making him happy. I feel like giving up! Any advice, or words of wisdom?

SouthGoingZax Sun 09-Oct-11 14:06:35

This will pass.

I know it might not help at the time, but it is true.

And Calpol.

And wine (for you) smile

threeinmybed Sun 09-Oct-11 14:08:57

We've got no grandparents to help us, or anyone really unless we pay them! He's in nursery during the week so I really shouldn't be struggling, but this is really taking it out of me!

Thank you for the sympathy thanks I'm so wobbly at the moment I'm crying at every bit of sympathy.

SouthGoingZax Sun 09-Oct-11 14:11:58

DOn't fall into the 'I shouldn't be struggling' malarkey. You are shattered. It's horrid.
So sorry. Can you get DH to let you have a couple of hours sleep?

Madlizzy Sun 09-Oct-11 14:15:46

Back teeth coming through could be the problem. Try giving him some iboprufen at bedtime and see if that helps. Might also be worth getting his ears checked just to make sure there's nothing going on there. x

threeinmybed Sun 09-Oct-11 14:16:21

Yes, he is very good as well. I just can't sleep through him crying though (DS obviously, not DH!) it's better than other people have it, I know I'm lucky. He still sleeps etc, it just seems to be mixed up and it's rarely undisturbed. I'm so tired of it.

He seems frustrated and clingy too, I feel bad for him but it is so hard!

threeinmybed Sun 09-Oct-11 14:17:02

I can see a molar coming through at the bottom, he normally just sleeps through teething though.

Madlizzy Sun 09-Oct-11 14:19:34

MOlars were much worse for my kids than the front teeth.

AngelDog Sun 09-Oct-11 21:44:57

My money would be on the 55 week developmental leap. The effects are children being 'clingy, cranky & crying' - and not sleeping.

Do whatever you can to get through it (rock, bf etc to sleep if necessary) and it should sort itself out. You can read more here and here.

Molars & canines have been much worse for my DS than any of the other teeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now