Talk

Advanced search

Obsessed with drinking water all day! 19 month old.

(6 Posts)
TryLikingClarity Fri 07-Oct-11 16:42:23

Help and experience needed. Can't ask my HV as she's useless.

When my DS is at home he constantly wants a drink of water, but won't take it unless I put in a bit of dilute juice to colour it/give it a slight flavour.

I don't mind him drinking a small amount of dilute juice, but it's the sheer amount he's drinking that I don't like.

He will drink about 20oz of water a day!! Along with this he takes about 16oz of milk, which I think is normal for his age.... he'll be 20 months soon.

Does this sound like a huge no no? Or normal?

I don't think he's diabetic or anything, as when we're out out the house, or visiting someone else he isn't like that, just at home.

What should I do?????

I've tried hiding the bottle of dilute juice, but he throws a wobbler.

ScaredBear Fri 07-Oct-11 17:48:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hopintobed Fri 07-Oct-11 18:00:21

Normal. I wish my ds would drink that much and he's 4! It's good for him to drink plenty.

TryLikingClarity Fri 07-Oct-11 19:18:00

Thank you all so much!

I was worried that he was doing something that other kids his age didn't know. Glad to know he is doing things your kids do.

Should I feel bad about the juice in it? He really won't drink plain water, so I always add a dash of dilute juice (sugar free) to colour and sweeten it.

To be honest, I wouldn't be nearly so worried if it was just plain water, but I do worry a bit cuz of the juice sad

ScaredBear Sat 08-Oct-11 18:20:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TryLikingClarity Sat 08-Oct-11 20:15:20

I am brushing his teeth, he's actually not too bad at allowing me to do that, and tries to do it himself smile

It sometimes is out of a bottle, that's another worry!!! He will drink out of a cup with a straw in it, or sometimes out of a sippy cup beaker thingy (not sure what the right word is!).

Just reassure me I'm not the worst mum ever! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now