Talk

Advanced search

19 month old keeps biting her sister

(4 Posts)
maz78 Thu 06-Oct-11 19:13:34

Any ideas how to stop her doing it? Poor big sister is covered in nasty bruises where she has been bitten. I think she pushes her little sister around until she gets angry and bites but it's still no excuse. I've told the little one off and made a fuss of the big sister, Peppa Pig plaster and lots of cuddles, but it's still happening. She has also started pinching and pushing to get a rise out of her big sister. I'm terrified she's going to bite another child... Help!

Iggly Thu 06-Oct-11 20:38:54

What are you doing to tackle the older sister's behaviour? You need to tackle both surely?

maz78 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:45:58

I have told her not to wind her little sister up and I stop her when I am in the room or hear that they are fighting but I can't watch them 100% of the time. And whatever she does does not warrant nasty bites, she never hurts her but is not always great at sharing toys. The older sister is only 3 and it tends to happen when they are tired.

Iggly Thu 06-Oct-11 20:48:57

The 19 month old isn't great at sharing toys? Well she is only 19 months old.

If it only happens when tired, can you pre-empt that and stay with them at flash points, give them their own toys, separate them or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now