Talk

Advanced search

Nappy changing fear!

(5 Posts)
Chundle Sat 01-Oct-11 18:07:51

hi all dd2 2.1 has all hated nappy changes and screamed a lot during them - always worse with changing a poo as well! Over the last few months she has got significantly better until this week..... I was doing a pooey nappy change and she suddenly started screaming in absolute fear so much that she was shaking physically and looked petrified. she was trying to sit up and I do wonder if she caught sight of the poo and it freaked her out a bit. Anyway she now does this every poo nappy change and even if it's just a wee she needs a lot of reassurance before she will even let us touch her nappy. She seems totally spooked the whole thing suddenly.
Anyone gone through this?

Daisy1986 Sat 01-Oct-11 21:36:06

Have you shown her whats in her nappy? My DD has accompanied me to the toilet to flush away the contents of her nappy since she could walk (through choice), she flushes the loo and then we both wash our hands I figuered it was a good foundation to potty training. Maybe shes just suprised at what shes seen. Perhaps someone has changed her nappy too roughly, pullng her legs about lifting her bottom up etc?

My DD goes through phases of not wanting to lay down so I manage to change it with her standing up and using easy up pants. You could try doing it in a room with a tv to distract her etc

Chundle Sat 01-Oct-11 22:07:46

Thanks daisy yes maybe I will show her what's in her nappy it will either help or hinder but it certainly can't get any worse!
No physically she is fine she with me all day x

candr Sun 02-Oct-11 17:30:55

Try doing nappy changes on a dolly with her, you can 'make' poo and wee nappies to change so she understands the process.

Chundle Sun 02-Oct-11 20:11:07

Thnks candr she for have some development queries so I think this may help her understand better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now