Talk

Advanced search

bad baby wind

(4 Posts)
candr Thu 29-Sep-11 16:01:08

My baby is 2 weeks old and has really bad trapped wind problems that make him really cry in pain till he poos or farts a lot. We have tried all different winding methods and rubbing tummy, back, warm hot water bottle etc. Can any one offer other advice on how we can help him as it is horrible seeing him go all red a struggle. When he does poo it often shoots out in a jet and then he is fine!!!

AKMD Thu 29-Sep-11 16:27:17

Try burpring him really, really well after a feed and then keeping him upright for at least 30 mins during the daytime.

Sign up for an infant massage course or drop-in. When you're rubbing his tummy, do it in a circular direction clockwise, easing the pressure when going over the bladder area.

Give him Infacol as per instructions for use.

Ditch the hot water bottle. It is too hot for such a young baby and could be very dangerous.

Ask your MW/HV for advice.

Other suggestions here

Good luck!

redcamels Thu 29-Sep-11 20:47:38

If bottle feeding, Dr Brown's.

Have you tried Infacol?

BedHog Thu 29-Sep-11 20:53:56

I used a burping technique where I sat DS on my lap and rotated his torso in a clockwise direction from the hips (facing forward all the time iyswim) until he did a gigantic belch that a 16 stone brickie would be proud of! There's a surprising amount of gas that builds up inside their tiny bodies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now