Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP - tips to stop my DS rolling onto front in sleep and waking himself and US up?

(3 Posts)
gobblygook Thu 29-Sep-11 06:00:29

Hi

My nearly 10 month old son can roll for England - all ways. But at night, in his growbag, if he rolls onto his front, he can't get himself back. Instead he has this very particular cry that we know (sigh) means he's on his front, doing a little push up wondering how he got there. Either that or he's all weirdly caught up at the bottom of the cot.

Any idea how to stop this? He was such a good sleeper - going all night - and this wakes him up 2/3 times a night at the moment.

Wondered if it was the grobag or the blanket that sort of confuses him.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 29-Sep-11 06:28:34

Nine-ten months is a classic sleep regression time. He also may well be on the verge of crawling. So, given that he knows perfectly well how to roll onto his back generally, I think that what's going on is a general burst of increased activity, lighter sleep, increased brain activity, all of which are causing the sleep disturbance - as in, in the past he's rolled to the front and kept sleeping, or rolled back without waking, so the difference is really that he's waking up and unable to get back to sleep, not that he's rolling per se. Unfortunately what that means is, I suspect getting rid of the grobag isn't really going to help. Sorry. It's worth a try, but I bet it's an overall sleep regression which'll pass on its own. The good news is, if he was STTN prior to hitting nine months, he's likely to go back to doing so without intervention.

gobblygook Thu 29-Sep-11 06:59:16

THanks Tortoise - that's really helpful and interesting. I think he is on the verge of crawling, and I also said to DH I thought I could see a lot of stuff 'going on' in DS, if that makes sense....we'll hang in there and see what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now