Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for 2yo boy

(7 Posts)
MarathonMama Wed 28-Sep-11 14:40:29

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place?

Does anyone have any ideas for birthday presents for a 2yo boy. He's not really into vehicles or pretend play but like animals. It's for my sister's DS and she's just about to have another baby so needs something that will entertain him while she breastfeeds.

Thanks for your help

AKMD Wed 28-Sep-11 14:50:54

A Noah's Ark set? There are some lovely ones available.

Duplo is a big hit with my 18mo DS.

Realistic plastic animals are really expensive. DS is also into animals and I was shocked at the price tags when I went to get him some.

Don't worry about it this time but this is probably better in Chat, as you ask smile

noblegiraffe Wed 28-Sep-11 16:42:34

Playmobil 123 stuff is great.

Daisy1986 Wed 28-Sep-11 16:54:52

I brought my 2yr DD the Leapfrog Laptop for toddlers its a big hit with her friends who have them (hers hasn't arrived yet).

cottonreels Wed 28-Sep-11 17:30:27

A brio type trainset, just a beginners track and an engine or two perhaps

HappyTangerine Wed 28-Sep-11 20:43:26

We've had huge success with the Melissa & Doug magnetic fishing game - my 2 year old actually sits still for half an hour to play with it (previously unheard of!) I think they do a bug catching one as well, I got mine from Amazon.

jaggythistle Wed 28-Sep-11 20:47:12

mine has just turned 2 and also loves Duplo.

there's a Duplo zoo set or 2 available which looked quite nice. DS is into vehicles though and picked a helicopter one instead. i was a bit disappointed. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now