Talk

Advanced search

Overfeeding??

(4 Posts)
BellaBells Wed 28-Sep-11 01:04:51

My DS was born 4 weeks premature and spent 8 days in NICU. While he was there he was feeding every 4 hours and then ondemand which was still working out to be every 4 hrs. I was BF but have recently switched to formula for several reasons. I'm feeding him aptamil but am slightly concerned about how much he's having, currently 3/4 scoops with equal water. He weighs 6lbs 5 currently and is 7 weeks. I've basically been feeding him what he wants... Bad idea or ok?

BellaBells Wed 28-Sep-11 01:05:41

Oh and he's feeding every 2-3 hours

kellieb7 Wed 28-Sep-11 10:20:26

Hiya, I would post this in breast and bottle feeding and hopefully you may get more replies, I have no idea about formula amounts hmm so sorry I can't help x

FeralGirlCambs Wed 28-Sep-11 10:32:57

No idea about apatamil but my DD who was 7.5 weeks early was at one stage scoffing about 1.5 times what it said on the formula (nutriprem) packet for her weight per day, plus 6 breast feeds. She piled on the weight - 4 lb in a month - then settled down so now she's having about what the instructions say. My GP said prem babies sometimes do this and not to worry as they have a long way to go to become overweight. But she said review it if the baby seems to be taking a lot more than you'd expect for more than a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now