Advanced search

brick thrown at my childs face

(15 Posts)
lovemy2kids Mon 26-Sep-11 21:36:10

Hi , I am new to this so pls bare with me .

Tonight my 9yr old son was playing on the park, around the corner from my house, with his friends when he was assaulted by another child that lives nearby. This child threw a brick at my son causing a bust lip and his front tooth become wobbly and chipped!! My son came home covered in blood and distressed.

I have been round to the childs house expecting some sort of explanation as to why this had occurred and hopefully an apology and was greeted by his mother who was standing outside the front of her house and grinning. This as you can imagine infuriated me and I gave her a piece of my mind , only to be met by abuse and expletives from her and her other half !!!

I now think maybe I should just phone the police and let them deal with this , as it is assault after all no matter what their age .

Pls let me know what you all think , Thanks

SamsungAndDelilah Mon 26-Sep-11 21:39:29

absolutely go to police. Could have knocked your son out by the sound of it. Was there a backstory behind the brick throwing or was it out of the blue?

Abra1d Mon 26-Sep-11 21:40:38

Police. No question.

hmc Mon 26-Sep-11 21:40:59

Call the police -don't hesitate.

Frankie000 Mon 26-Sep-11 21:41:31

I would def ring the police in that situation. Hope your son is ok now

winnybella Mon 26-Sep-11 21:43:02

Definitely call the police.

lovemy2kids Mon 26-Sep-11 21:44:32

This child wasnt even playing with my son , but is a known trouble causer. His mother tried to defend him by saying that he was retaliating after my son threatened him !! either way threatening and doing are completely different things and neither of my children have ever thrown a brick (or anything else) at anyone .

lovemy2kids Mon 26-Sep-11 21:46:26

My son seems to be ok now as he's asleep , thanks for asking Frankie000 . Have taken him to docs and at dentist first thing in morning.

spongebunnyfatpants Mon 26-Sep-11 21:53:49

Ring the police and report it, unfortunately if the kid is under 10 they won't be able to do anything apart from giving him a good talking to, but it would do him and his parents good to know that he hasn't got away with it.
Hope you're son is ok.

LizzieMo Tue 27-Sep-11 14:50:05

shock A Brick???? Good Grief. Police deffo IMO.

pinkgirlythoughts Tue 27-Sep-11 17:55:49

As Spongebob says, if he's under 10 police can't do anything, but definitely ring them anyway.

If he's over 10, this story might interest you:

(first attempt at a link so hope it works!)

reallytired Tue 27-Sep-11 18:03:07

That is a police matter. There is no way this is OK behaviour.

Prehaps this is a matter for social services

threeinmybed Tue 27-Sep-11 18:07:55

Oh my God. Call the police. Your poor DS.

Has he been seen by a doctor?

StrandedBear Tue 27-Sep-11 19:22:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lacornsillk Tue 27-Sep-11 19:23:34

how old is the other child? Hope your ds is feeling better - poor lad sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: