Talk

Advanced search

SO what are you proud of?

(10 Posts)
TettyLouBar Mon 26-Sep-11 15:04:04

Last night at tea time, I looked across the table and saw DD (3y4mo) REALLY trying to use her knife and fork. She had the most intense look of her face and you could tell she was really trying.
I'm proud of her for everything she does but for some reason it really made me feel a rush of emotion and I was so full of pride at how much she's learnt!

Come boost about you clever LO's!

bruffin Mon 26-Sep-11 15:26:16

My DD 14 helps out on a saturday at a SN playscheme and at a SN swimming club on a sunday. She goes every week she can and I am so proud of her dedication, patience and understanding.

Chrononaut Mon 26-Sep-11 16:35:39

Im proud of my DB1. He really turned his life around and is a fantastic uncle smile

butterflyexperience Mon 26-Sep-11 18:47:47

When dd1 is wonderfully polite and hospitable to guests at our house.
She will invite them to stay for dinner and offer them biscuits and Choclate

She is 3 1/2 smile

Dd2 makes me proud at how confident she now is and independent she tries to be. She tries to put my knickers on. She is 16 months smile

TettyLouBar Mon 26-Sep-11 19:55:36

Oh, I just love it. There's nothing like mummy-pride, wish we could bottle it! DD2 is 8 months old today and she claps whenever I say "clap you hands" and she looks so pleased with herself. smile

Blackpuddingbertha Mon 26-Sep-11 20:27:53

DD1 (5yrs) can be very polite in public. At a birthday party at the weekend she was heard to say over the squealing mass of excited chocolate-fueled kids, 'could someone please pass me the crisps'.

Unfortunately she is not like this at home. But she can make me very proud in company!

youbethemummylion Mon 26-Sep-11 20:40:11

I am so proud that my 4 year old is such a kind and caring big brother to my 1 year old even though I can tell at times it is a huge effort for him not to be angry/upset when the little one breaks his lego models/spill his drink/poos in the bath etc.

ellesabe Mon 26-Sep-11 20:46:04

My 10 month-old was playing with my handbag today and when I said "Where's Iggle Piggle?" she put my handbag down, scanned the room, shuffled over to her Iggle Piggle toy and held it up in the air smile I almost fell off the sofa!

TettyLouBar Mon 26-Sep-11 20:49:38

Lovely stories - we shape these LO's! I love it when you realise you've taught them something great. grin

Noomininoo Wed 28-Sep-11 22:31:57

Lots of things but if I had to pick just one:

DD1 (4.4yo) has such a kind and generous nature & will happily share anything she has (even her beloved chocolate - which is more than her Mum will do wink). I don't think there's a mean bone in her body (although there seems to be plenty of naughty ones wink) & she is such a wonderful big sister to DD2 - so patient (sometimes in the face of extreme provocation as DD2 can be a bit of a wind up merchant!) & caring.

DD2 (16mo) has such a happy & sunny disposition. She has the power to make complete strangers smile or stop in the street for a little chat with her just by flashing her big beaming, engaging smile. Guaranteed to lift your spirits when you're feeling a bit down & impossible to stay cross at when she's been a bit naughty (which is practically all the time wink)

Yes they have their faults & can often drive me almost demented but all in all - I think I am one very lucky Mummy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now