Talk

Advanced search

11 week old refusing food

(5 Posts)
candy11 Sun 25-Sep-11 09:51:20

hi all this is the first time i have been on here so hope someone can help. I have an 11 week old baby boy and over the last week has started to refuse his feed, he will take the first 3oz like normal then he pulls away so i burp him, then once he has burped i offer him the rest and he turns his head away and starts to cry. I cant figure out what is wrong. He is also dribbling alot which he neva used to do. He has also thrown up a whole bottle last night. please help me. thanx.

kellieb7 Sun 25-Sep-11 10:44:34

Hi candy11, he could be teething or even have an ear infection, I would pop him to the GP just to make sure as even if it's nothing it will put your mind at rest. You may be better off posting this in bottle/breast feeding thread as I always get loads of advice from there. HTH x

brettgirl2 Sun 25-Sep-11 14:16:01

Is he doing this every feed or just some? Is his weight ok? My daughter was always pretty fussy and in the end I stopped stressing. She stayed on the same centile line, at weaning became a good eater. It doesnt help that your friend's baby probably always takes the whole bottle and the amount it tells you to give them on the carton is massive (I wonder why!!!)

broomformychin Sun 25-Sep-11 18:21:41

I just posted an almost identical thread in the feeding section so will watch this thread in hope of some answers!

candy11 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:26:03

hey took him to hospital yester day and they gave him drops to break down the lactose in the milk incase he is lactose intolorant. so lets hope that works. thanx for all advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now