Talk

Advanced search

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED - Dr Browns and Comfort formula

(4 Posts)
ollie131 Thu 22-Sep-11 19:15:17

HELP! I have just started using Dr Browns bottles for very windy baby. He is on Aptamil confort formula but cant seem to get any out of the teat, I have tried number 1 and 2 (he is only 4 weeks old) - should I be on number 3 ie 6 months plus? Or how about the y teat for this formula? He has been getting on great so far with tommee tipee variflow but the actual colic relief bottles in this brand dont help.
Thanks

bananarama05 Thu 22-Sep-11 19:44:07

Not sure on Dr browns but I use number 3 teats on avent bottles with cow and gate comfort and have done since dd was 4 weeks as her number 2s just got blocked as you say. We saw an improvement after about 48 hrs.

I'd give 3s a try, I imagine they're a similar flow rate across brands?

Sorry for terrible typing, have sleeping dd in one arm and am on my phone!

Hersetta Fri 23-Sep-11 18:07:32

Apparantly Boots own brand wide neck teats fit dr browns bottles perfectly and they doe a vari-flow version which you could use in your bottles. I use the cow and gate comfort with my 8 week old DS and use level 2 teats in my dr brown bottles and although it sometimes clogs up, for the most part they are ok but I do always put an extra 1/2 oz of water in each bottle to help his constipation and have now got to the stage where he is going once a day. I did use the aptimil comfort at first but it didn't help his constipation at all, but the c & g version produced results in a couple of days.

ollie131 Sat 24-Sep-11 07:33:43

Thanks for advice so far. I did try the y cut dr browns thinking they would be similar to the tommee tippee vari flow but they just flooded his face and a whole 5 ounces could be gone in about 10 seconds flat! Good to know about the boots ones so I may give them a go next!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now