Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

my 4 month old baby has started having epic naps

(2 Posts)
hmmmum Thu 22-Sep-11 15:24:48

she sleeps 10-11 hours at night (wakes once for a feed), now for last few days she's been having massive naps in the day. Yesterday afternoon she napped for two and a half hours and I woke her to make sure she'd sleep at night. Done the same today - she is in very deep sleep right now. She never used to nap for this long.
anyone else experienced this sudden sleepiness at 4 months? could it be to do with teething / a growth spurt?
thanks

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Thu 22-Sep-11 19:55:38

I have a 15 week old.

Perfectly norma for usl. My dd2 while not sleeping through (still wakes for a feed but straight back down) can easily have a 3 hour nap in the day or a couple of 2 hour naps. DD1 was the same.

It could be that she is tiring herself out more now with all the new experiences, or a growth spurt - they are usually about 16/17 weeks I think because often that is why people consider weaning.

I wouldn't worry but then we are a sleepy family generally. Just enjoy the silence!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now