Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dropping the bottle

(3 Posts)
cleoismycat Mon 19-Sep-11 15:05:36

Yesterday dd (3yrs 5mths) put all her bottles in a gift bag and left them outside for the bottle fairy. I then moved the bag later on and left some stars on the ground. Dd now understands that there are no more bottles for milk and is refusing to drink milk out of anything else, I even took her to the shops to choose a special cup. I feel a bit sad about the whole thing as she loves milk before bed. She will only drink watar and the very occasional apple juice - only in a carton.
Any advice, feel guilty for leaving it so long and that she now won't drink any milk when she likes it so much.

BlueChampagne Mon 19-Sep-11 16:21:07

Have you tried milkshakes/smoothies?

cleoismycat Mon 19-Sep-11 16:48:47

No, she won't drink anything else - not through lack of trying. I've tried other juices, tea etc. Sometime i put a little squash into water before I give her it and she takes one sip and gives it back. I suppose i should eb glad because of her teeth but i feel sad for her as she likes her milk in a bottle so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now