Talk

Advanced search

weird behaviour in 5yo DS

(4 Posts)
plisplas Sun 18-Sep-11 20:18:07

My DS has just started Y1. He used to be a very normal little boy. Last year when he started school he seemed to isolate himself from the rest of the class and seemed to have just two close friends. In the summer, we discovered that one of his "friends" had been hitting him, saying unkind things about him for a while... These days when he plays with other kids he behaves really weird, for instance, kids are playing football and he loses concentration and starts dancing in the pitch. What worries me is that if he carries on like that he won't have a chance to integrate in the school and will become more and more isolated. Am I worrying about nothing? He is being brought up bilingually and he is quite behind in his English. Maybe this is hindering his social development? Should we stop talking to him in the minority language?

Any piece of advice will be welcome, please

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 18-Sep-11 22:15:14

Sorry, I don't know the answer but I would speak to his teacher.

plisplas Mon 19-Sep-11 19:10:01

Thanks, but the teachers don't seem to have a clue. We had to go to see the headteacher because he was being bullied and WE had to tell them what to do and put a plan together.

ScarlettIsWalking Mon 19-Sep-11 19:13:04

So he has a history of being bullied? They need to get to the bottom of this and help you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now