Talk

Advanced search

i think i have the most clumsy boy on earth

(5 Posts)
blushingm Fri 16-Sep-11 18:45:51

i'm not sure if i should be worried or not.

yesterday he wasn't looking where he was going and walked into a a bus stop and ended up getting his head glued

today he fell off his chair in school and bashed his fash on the edge of the desk so he now has a cut on his cheek and a black eye

is this normal for a 9, almost 10 year old?

blushingm Fri 16-Sep-11 18:46:45

fash that should be face

whenIgetto3 Fri 16-Sep-11 20:43:46

is he having a growth spurt? My DS (7) is always more clumsy when he is having a growth spurt.

So far this year we have had head glued back together 2 times, serious concussion 3 times, suspected broken arm, numerous black eyes and cuts/scrapes and a broken toe. His teacher last year said if she hadn't seen him slip on a piece of paper in the classroom and hit his throat on a desk (ending up in A&E as he had reduced breathing where it swelled up) she would not have believed it possible, he wasn't even running. She also said if health and safety saw him we would all be banned from doing everything grin

I am not helping though I allow him to play rugby do judo etc grin

Might want to get his eyes checked, sometimes clumsy children can need glasses (not mine unfortunately) You only really need to worry when the receptionist at A&E knows you by name and asks which child is it this time (we have 4 the other 3 are less clumsy but do still end up there)

Marne Fri 16-Sep-11 20:53:24

My DSD is very clumsy, we spent monday night in a&e as she had fallen down the stairs at school and sprained her ankle (for the 5th time), she walks into things (never looks where she's going) and is constantly hurting herself (breaking toes ect..), not sure if its normal but your not alone smile.

saulaboutme Tue 20-Sep-11 10:48:07

maybe get his eyes tested could be due to poor judgement of distance or seeing where where objests are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now