Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

did anyone else's baby get really irritable and whiny just before they crawled?

(11 Posts)
Moulesfrites Thu 15-Sep-11 18:56:43

My ds is almost 8mo. For the past week or two he has been going from a sitting position to forward on his knees and rocking back and forth, but then just collapses onto his belly. This has coincided with him seeming a lot more whiny and restless - I seem to spend all my time singing songs and keeping him going? Does he sound like he is about to start crawling and is there a link between the two things?

I think he might have his second top incisor on the way too, which could explain things - this is all such a guessing game all the time! Just feeling like I need to vent today - along with the whinging his sleeping is rubbish, wants to bf all the time again, and to top it all off today has point blank refused all water from his doidy cup. I fee like I am just getting everything wrong sad sorry for self indulgent pity fest!

Moulesfrites Thu 15-Sep-11 20:24:58

anyone?

Kalypso Thu 15-Sep-11 20:34:05

Mine did, and I think I even posted here asking about it! Once he started crawling, he was back to his normal self. That is, until he was about to start walking and got grumpy all over again! Hang in there smile

Moulesfrites Thu 15-Sep-11 20:34:29

ok, thank you that is reassuring!!

brookeslay Thu 15-Sep-11 20:36:21

No before each stage my now two year got very grumpy until he accomplished said stage and then was happy for a short while before next grump. He was not really troubled by teething problems just wanted to be advanced he walked a couple of days before 8 months old.

He might be having a growth spurt which is why he is ravenous or it might be the teething the sucking takes the pressure off his gums. Have you tried

www.boots.com/en/Ashton-Parsons-Infants-Powders-20-Powders_1674/?CAWELAID=334478754&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-Ashton%20%20Parsons%20Infants%20Powders%20%2020%20Powdersthese

Perhaps he would like water with a spoon from a bowl make a game of it they know when you get stressed so look after yourself too.

kellieb7 Thu 15-Sep-11 20:37:25

Yup, DD (also 8 months) has reverted back to hourly waking for the boob and is only reasonably happy when eating or when I am blowing raspberries on her tummy hmm. . . . .It's being a bloody tough day today!!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 15-Sep-11 20:38:33

yes, dd1 in particular was outraged by her lack of mobility
she would rock on her knees and wail. her sleep always went Pete Tong before any sort of major milestone as well.

mumatron Thu 15-Sep-11 20:45:42

Dd (8mo) has been like this. She did get a bit better once she got moving but she's now decided crawling is for wimps and has moved onto cruising and throwing herself from one sofa to another.

She get's so frustrated by not being able to move as much as she wants to.

The teething isn't helping here either. She's been sleeping through since she was about 6 weeks but has been waking up at random times during the night the past few weeks.

I can remember my other dc being like this too. It does get better! grin

CardyMow Thu 15-Sep-11 23:31:00

DS3 (7.5mo) is another one like this. He got whiny for about a week before he started crawling, another week when he was about to sit up, then another whiny week when he started to cruise on the furniture. Each time he has been fine and smily in between until he hit the next 'stage'. He's whiny at the moment because he keeps letting go of the sofa, twisting his body then falling on his bum. He SO wants to walk, but his legs aren't listening, and he's getting very frustrated. It's not even teething - there's nothing coming through, he's got the bottom two front teeth, and no other bumps on the gum at all. So it is sheer frustration at wanting to walk and not being able to.

I keep saying, DS3 is harder work than any of the other 3 were!

TashHag Thu 15-Sep-11 23:34:42

DS got really grumpy, especially as when he did manage to get moving, at first he could only go backwards! He only really got going when I put him down on one of those very short pile nylon carpets in a shoe shop and he managed to get a good grip with his knees.

Moulesfrites Fri 16-Sep-11 19:38:00

ok thank you for the replies!

So, approximately how long was it between the rocking thing and actual crawling then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now