Talk

Advanced search

Can't cope today

(3 Posts)
mumfromspace Thu 15-Sep-11 17:55:00

My DS age 3 has driven me to the brink these last few days, he's been so naughty I don't know what to do.

He has said no to every single request I've made, has asked for things for lunch but then won't eat it and DEMANDS I take it away, has done things purposefully to get me cross and when I've put him on the naughty step he has shouted at the top of his voice for ages and hit me.

He's not been well this week with a cold and we've obviously been a bit softer with him but now he is getting better he is just out of control and definitely thinks he is in charge.

I could just cry, I don't know what to do.

Campaspe Thu 15-Sep-11 18:32:27

I think 3 year olds can be a PITA to be honest, and some kids do seem to have "challenging" personalities (I speak as one who finds my DD, aged 4 very hard work!)

Sometimes I also think they sense when you are feeling low and tired, and this makes their behaviour so much more difficult to deal with.

Does your DS attend nursery or pre-school at all? Not only will this give you a break, but it means that you can speak to the staff about his behaviour.

I'm sure a lot of other posters will come on and offer their support, as I think 3 year olds can drive you up the wall, so you are definitely not alone.

Make sure you are looking after yourself properly - easier said than done, I know. I recommend an early night for him and a big glass of wine for you.

mumfromspace Thu 15-Sep-11 20:09:55

Thanks for the reply, good to know I'm not alone!

He usually goes every morning to pre-school but hasn't been this week because of his cold.

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now