Talk

Advanced search

Modesty issues

(3 Posts)
gabriella2nd Thu 15-Sep-11 17:24:54

(namechanged in case it identifies anyone)

DD is currebntly 8 and will be 9 come December. I am becoming just a little concerned she still thinks nothing of sitting in a short(ish) skirt without any thoughts to how she sits and that her underwear is on full view. Today for example she sat after her piano lesson as her teacher was packing up slouched back, feet on the chair, knees well apart. Shouldn't they be thinking about this long before now? confused

mymumdom Thu 15-Sep-11 17:28:27

My 8 year old is still pretty bad but my 9 ( nearly 10 year old) is becoming more aware. If it worries you that much get some lycra shorts to be worn under her school uniform.

Jesusgirl Fri 16-Sep-11 00:23:27

Have you tried to gently talk to her about it? 8 is young and innocent but unfortunately there're are some crazy sick people out there that dont see the innocence in a child being carefree.

I like the idea of the lycra shorts under the uniform. My dd is just 2 and it might sound a bit funny but I tell her now that 'princesses don't show their knickers and they sit with their legs together'. So when she sits, she has her legs together. Obviously when she's playing she forgets she's a princess! I'm already thinking I'd definitely get her some Lycra shorts for when she starts school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now