Talk

Advanced search

8 year ol boy. Overactive imagination?

(6 Posts)
alexbear Tue 13-Sep-11 22:04:55

I am worried about my 8 year old son. He still gets very worried about monsters, aliens, UFOs etc, esp at night and sometimes runs into our bed at night. I know he has an imaginative mind but I worried that he should have outgrown this by now. Is it normal to be terrified still by these things? Sometimes he looks really afraid and I hate to see him suffering like this.

I thought children outgrew thes fears by 6 or 7 years. Does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

RIZZ0 Tue 13-Sep-11 23:56:46

bump

FootballFriend Wed 14-Sep-11 00:10:20

Does he remember it in the morning? My DD1 (still only 6) uses this to get into our bed. She also watches too much Dr Who.

alexbear Wed 14-Sep-11 21:48:41

Sorry - have I missed something? What does bump mean?

FootballFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 12:53:15

'bump' is used to post something on the thread to 'bump' it up so it can be seen by others, rather than letting it slide onto second, third pages and so on as people may not look that far back.

fumanchu Fri 16-Sep-11 14:44:46

My DS is 9 and still hates going upstairs to the bathroom alone as he is scared of aliens in the shower - this is quite genuine, not to wind us up. He has also said he heard voices in his room. This has been going on for a couple of years but is getting better and now just asks me to keep talking to him rather than actually going upstairs with him. I would say just keep reassuring your DS and if he does watch Dr Who or similar watch it with him and discuss it or find something else he likes. The fact that I accidentally let him see a 'photo' of the Roswell alien once probably wasn't a good idea ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now