Talk

Advanced search

DS hates his cot!

(8 Posts)
Sookeh Tue 13-Sep-11 08:34:38

DS (9mo) hates being put to sleep in his cot. He either sleeps in bed with me (and DD) or in his Moses Basket on the floor. I know it's not ideal but he just hates his cot and I don't know what else to do.
Help please!

Iggly Tue 13-Sep-11 08:43:39

What happens when you put him in? Can you put him in for short bursts in the day with some toys so he gets used to it?

readysteady Tue 13-Sep-11 08:51:15

i can't offer advice as we had the same problem! what we did is carry on co sleeping wait till they were a bit bigger about 14months and put them in cotbed and once asleep put up bed guard. they just hated being enclosed. we found a bed made no issues.

Sookeh Tue 13-Sep-11 10:10:27

We've tried putting him in his cot with toys but he'll only stay in it for a few minutes before he starts crying.

I would co sleep but I'm already sleeping with DD (3) because she hates sleeping in her own bed.

DH and I haven't slept in the same bed together since January! Argh!

Thing is, DH is getting annoyed with the set-up and thinks I'm being too soft.

Seeline Tue 13-Sep-11 10:16:52

Have you tried putting him in the moses basket in the cot - even for short bursts during the day to start with? May help. My DS didn't like the wide open space for a while and something that he felt more confined in helped. Also it may be worth trying a slleoping bag rather than bed clothes.

Seeline Tue 13-Sep-11 10:17:16

sorry sleeping grin

Sookeh Tue 13-Sep-11 10:53:21

Good idea about the sleeping bag! I might try that for his afternoon nap.

Thanks smile

When it comes to DD I've almost given up. She just hates her bedroom and hates sleeping in there. I've done my best to keep it tidy, organised and it's pretty and comfortable but she just wants to be with me.

It's really starting to affect my relationship with DH though sad

Iggly Tue 13-Sep-11 11:19:24

You could sleep in your DD's room to transition her to her room.

Also if your DS cries with toys in there - take him out. You only need to do it every day for short bursts, staying in the room with him and playing with the toys to make it feel safe to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now