Talk

Advanced search

question about babble sounds

(5 Posts)
purewater Sun 11-Sep-11 20:39:23

My 9.5 month old DS has been babbling properly for about a month or so. He babbles loads (and loudly) and you can definitely hear a range of sounds....dadadadada....rarararara...nanananana....bababababa - especially since it was dadadadad at the start, and will probably say dada mostly.

But still no mamamama. I obviously realise it's just a sound, not mama, but I wondered if this was typical? Will it just come...?

Thank you

kellieb7 Sun 11-Sep-11 20:45:17

I think mama (or just the letter M) is quite hard for them to say initially but yes I am sure it is something that will just come, I have being coaching DD (8 months) for ages and we get lots of Dadadadada and goooooooo but no bloody mumum wink

purewater Sun 11-Sep-11 21:44:23

Thanks - reassuring!

monkeypuzzeltree Sun 11-Sep-11 22:34:01

At 19 months... other mmm words, but still no Mummy. She shouts Daddy back if I persevere!

bumpandababy Mon 12-Sep-11 11:51:11

My 13m is still babling away with the odd sound now meaning something, like TA! for thank you! I got her saying more m sounds through kissing! Make the Muwah! sound when you give kisses! I works but once learned prepare for many many kisses! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now