Talk

Advanced search

21 month old not eating AT ALL!

(5 Posts)
RalphGnu Sun 11-Sep-11 08:57:13

My DS has always had a healthy appetite and has always eaten anything I've given him. He has a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit and veg.

BUT over the past week he's started to refuse to eat at his mealtimes to the point where over the past couple of days he has point blank refused to eat anything at all. Out of sheer desperation I even offered him crisps and biscuits yesterday just so that he would have something, anything in his tummy, but he still wouldn't eat. He woke up in the early hours of the morning crying and telling me he was hungry so I tried to give him some weetabix with yogurt but he still refused and would only have milk.

This morning again out of desperation I tried to give him coco pops but still nothing. Whatever I try, he just turns his head away, says "Yuk", "Don't like". He will grudgingly eat a spoonful or two of yogurt but that's it.

What on earth do I do? Should I take him to his GP? I'm so worried.

Truffleshuffler Sun 11-Sep-11 09:26:46

Of course you're worried. Maybe he just has a sore tummy and that's why he only wants milk. Can you call your health visitor?

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 11-Sep-11 09:32:51

is he teething. my 25 month old dd is a total fusspot at the best of times but for the past 3 days has been refusing almost everything (even chocolate buttons) and when she does try something she sobs "yuk yuk no, don't like it" she has 2 canines part way through and is chewing furiously on a flannel or a babywipe most of the time. she's also got a molar on the way. she always goes on solid strike with teeth

Iggly Sun 11-Sep-11 13:06:54

Stomach ache? Ear infection? Molars comingthrough?

Take him to the GP to rule out anything medical.

Madlizzy Sun 11-Sep-11 13:08:38

Try giving him some painkiller 20 minutes before a meal and see if that makes a difference. These molars can make their little mouths feel very sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now