Talk

Advanced search

5yo ignoring me.

(6 Posts)
WhoseGotMyEyebrows Sun 11-Sep-11 08:31:00

Does anyone else find that their dcs just ignore them?

I might be helping her put socks on for example and will say "come here" and she just goes the other way.

Or I will ask her to tidy up and she acts likeshe hasn't heard me, so I say again and stil nothing so I end up shouting!

This makes me so mad!

BTW she can hear when I am offering chocolate so don't think it's an actual ear problem.

iwasyoungonce Sun 11-Sep-11 08:34:48

Yep, my 5yo DD does this too. It's infuriating, isn't it? I HATE shouting, but I don't know how else to deal with it.

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Sun 11-Sep-11 08:44:23

It makes me SO mad, hits a sore point for me I think.

iwasyoungonce Sun 11-Sep-11 21:39:28

Me too. Sends me into a boiling rage sometimes.

I'm sure, like everything else, it'll pass eventually. I think when she does it she is just oblivious, and thinking of other things. So I don't think she is being wilfully naughty/ disrespectful - but that is how I take it. Which isn't good.

Sometimes I think I'm a really shit mum. I shout at DD for lots of things that she probably can't help. sad

I love her so much, and am a very good mum in lots of ways too! smile

An0therName Sun 11-Sep-11 21:43:53

yup my 5 yo does this too - and the shouting happens here too!

Sleepglorioussleep Sun 11-Sep-11 21:56:48

Our five year old dd just the same. We always say excuse me before anything directed at her and it seems to help focus her attention...sometimes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now