Talk

Advanced search

development books advice

(7 Posts)
pugsmum Sun 11-Sep-11 07:26:09

hi guys

Any advice or recomendations on good development books from around 10 months or a year as all are now newborn ones and i dont want to keep buying crap ones for no reason....... im terrible at the library even if i write it in my diary and on calender or set an alarm on my phone i just cant seem to remember to take them back on time i owe £10 on my last book that is only worth £4.50.. lol i dunno wats wrong with me lol

so any way any recomendations on development , avtivities, behaviour would be fantastic

I have this Peneople Leach book and I have always found it to be useful.

The mumsnet book on toddlers might be useful for you too.

Hth.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 11-Sep-11 16:42:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EBDteacher Sun 11-Sep-11 20:25:08

I am reading John Medina- Brain Rules For Baby. I think it's very good on all the emotional development stuff.

pugsmum Mon 12-Sep-11 08:02:18

ah brilliant will have a look at those thanx

i was thinking of ordering babbling babies and raising boys reccomended by mumsnet any feedback on those ones??

BeerTricksPotter Mon 12-Sep-11 10:44:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smearedinfood Mon 12-Sep-11 13:02:59

I did like Raising Boys just for the fact that it confirmed that getting kids to help around the house raises their self esteem, because it can get easy and very tempting just to dump 'em in front of cbeebies just to get jobs around the house done and they do like to get involved and copy MumnDad.

I found Mumsnet the Toddler years quite useful, just this weekend I remembered I have to wash the chunks of vomit off the sheets before I put them in the washing machine grin

I am reading The Happiest Toddler in The Block at the mo', it's got a lovely chapter about playing "the boob"

I don't recommend "What Mothers do Especially when it loolks like nothing", it runs on the premise that you resent your child which I found rather disturbing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now