Talk

Advanced search

Unusual gift request....

(10 Posts)
AlexMum127 Sat 10-Sep-11 22:23:50

My 9 yr old son has asked for My Little Pony toys for Christmas.

I don't have a problem with this. He has always been 'unique' and I wasn't shocked or disgusted or anything negative when he told me. He wants it to be kept secret, and to play with them only when no-one else is here and to keep them in my room in case someone finds them and he gets teased.

My problem is - his father will go mad! He will be so against it...he lives in the US so doesn't need to know, but I will feel deceitful if I DON'T tell him, but then am I betraying my son if I do? Does anyone else REALLY need to know?! Can't find my moral compass on this one...

morethanyoubargainfor Sat 10-Sep-11 22:27:36

I don't think it concerns anybody else. I would buy them for DS , my ds had them when he was 7 but they lived in the bathroom, he played with them in the bath only. He could have played with the anytime but he decided to have them as a bath toy.

Sometimes you have to lose the moral compass, thats just life. Let him have them.

mo3d Sat 10-Sep-11 22:32:23

Buy him the ponies, but also get him something you know his dad will like. Then tell his dad that present. Problem solved.

Ingles2 Sat 10-Sep-11 22:32:53

so do you list absolutely every, single little thing, your son gets to your dp/ex? (sorry you don't say which)
surely a my little pony, will be one, small, cheap toy in a day full of presents, so you really don't need to tell him.
You obviously think it's a problem as well though, or you wouldn't be worried about this. IMO, it's not.
it's a plastic horse with long hair... so what!
If it makes your son happy, then you should be happy.

BluddyMoFo Sat 10-Sep-11 22:34:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EBDteacher Sat 10-Sep-11 23:23:37

Yep, buy the poines and be glad your DS talk that openly to you.

thisisyesterday Sat 10-Sep-11 23:25:51

yes, buy them!

if you really feel like you HAVE to tell his father then do so. if he goes mad that's his own problem isn't it?
i would tell him to get the fuck over it

Chundle Sun 11-Sep-11 10:16:48

Buy them but you can alway skim over it in conversation ie "DS got a game, puzzle,horse(pony) with an action man smile

ChinaInYourHands Sun 11-Sep-11 12:58:01

His dad will go mad?
Tell him to get a grip
And it's not such an unusual request from boys actually
Your son sounds lovely

AlexMum127 Sun 11-Sep-11 18:47:38

Thanks ladies...although I am surprised by the bluntness of some of these replies :-)
It's not that I have a problem with them, I just want to prevent my son from getting any grief from outside sources. I will get them, and if DH finds out, so be it, but I know I will get something negative from him...will deal with that as it comes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now