Talk

Advanced search

dd (3) won't nap any more - but then falls asleep at 5 - impossible - any suggestions?

(9 Posts)
mrszimmerman Fri 09-Sep-11 17:31:58

I just don't know what to do! I can't get her to nap but she literally keels over at 5 and falls asleep. I don't want to put her to bed now because it's way to early, she'll wake up at 10 and want breakfast! I need her to have her supper as well.
Any suggestions at all would be hugely appreciated!

changer22 Fri 09-Sep-11 17:36:50

Could you take her for a walk at say 3 and let her nod off in the pushchair? When mine have refused to sleep I have tried to create situations I know will make them tired, e.g. driving a bit longer (on the school run home). A 10/20 minute sleep at this age can sometimes be all they need and they need a nap rather than a sleep.

fanjobiscuit Fri 09-Sep-11 17:41:45

I agree with changer .If you cant get out what about a postprandial cosy story session on the settee? Nice full tummy ,a nice warm Mummy and a boring lovely story ....zzzzzz

thestringcheeseincident Fri 09-Sep-11 17:47:26

Yes agree with changer. You need to get her to nap at 3 for 15 mins. Car or buggy work best for the quick naps.

pointydog Fri 09-Sep-11 17:55:20

What time does she have her tea? Bring the evening routine forward for a bit.

Tgger Fri 09-Sep-11 20:38:02

What's her normal bedtime? Make it a bit earlier and yes, do buggy at 3pm and let her have 45 mins.

Sleepglorioussleep Fri 09-Sep-11 20:55:39

My ds is 2.10 and with a ten week old baby, and older dd who comes home from school later. A nap for ds keeps us all happy. I am afraid we drive if he won't drop off in his bed otherwise he's not fun to be around at tea time

tiredgranny Fri 09-Sep-11 22:28:16

my grandsons 3 he does not have nap but goes to bed 5.30 for night just brought everythung forward but he gets up about 7am if really tired will sleep later

mrszimmerman Sat 10-Sep-11 23:47:03

Thanks very much for these suggestions, lots of good ideas.
What worked to day was keeping her awake and feeding her early.
I've never managed the short nap thing, she always falls into such a deep sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now