Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do i stop this

(5 Posts)
Littlehet Fri 09-Sep-11 13:57:47

My 3.5 dd started nursery again on tuesday , on wednesday she was in for a full day , she had wet herself twice at nursery ( which i understand as she is busy playing) but when she got home it carried on 4 pairs of knickers we went through , then thursday she wet herself 9 times, and has started rebelling against the potty, screaming at me and my partner and trying to hit out aswell, this is not the usual behaviour we get from her, she has been dry in knickers for 10 weeks, she knows not to shout at me or my partner and especially knows not to try and hit one of us

I have no idea how to control this as she is my first born and we have never had a problem like this before.

Sanesometimes1 Fri 09-Sep-11 17:07:49

Have ou asked her if anything hurts at all ? this could perhaps be a urine infection, the shouting and hitting is more than likely becuase you are ( perhaps not meaning to be) anygry that she's wetting herself.

I'd sit her down, have a cuddle, find out firstly if anything hurts and take it from there.

Octaviapink Fri 09-Sep-11 18:17:14

You say she's started nursery 'again' - do you mean just since the summer holidays or has there been a break for a different reason?

Littlehet Fri 09-Sep-11 21:33:16

Well she goes to a pre school so they had the summer of but since she.started again she's started wetting and being really out of character

Tgger Fri 09-Sep-11 21:54:55

Hopefully it's just the change from home to pre-school that has unsettled her and once she's settled she'll be fine again. Best to check for infections though.

My DD was only trained at beginning of August but has been really good, no accidents at all for ages- she got it really quickly (she's 3 in November). However, she too went back to nursery this week and we got 3 accidents there on Monday, none there on Tuesday and one there (and lots more at home afterwards!!) today.

So..... I am reading this post with interest- I think it's just the new environment that has unsettled my daughter- oh yes, no accidents on Wed or Thursday when she was home all day. I'm hoping it will pass pretty quick, it's annoying this regression stuff but normal I believe.

We haven't really had the hitting stuff but it's a bit of a vicous cycle- they have an accident/you get concerned/up the anti on the going to the loo stuff, they don't like this and kick against it etc etc.

Nursery told me today that they had got my DD "weeing on demand". I'm not sure about this approach at all as we got past this stage on about day 3 of potty training and don't really want to go back to it- I think it could encourage rather than discourage the accidents. On Monday I think I will have a word and get them to leave it to her in the main, as she needs to know it's her responsibility and think this could almost have caused the accidents at home, as I don't ask or tell her to wee, I wait for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now