Talk

Advanced search

Severe sleep issues anyone plz help!

(3 Posts)
Chundle Thu 08-Sep-11 11:31:07

ok I'm at end of my tether dd2 24 months hasn't slept through since 5 months old. She has mild speech delay and some other quirks. She settles to sleep at 7pm ok then she will awake a few times before we go to bed then around 6 times each night.

Each time she wakes we go in put her music bear on shush her an she settles in seconds. She also awakens with a piercing screech and awful screaming but settles very quickly most of the time.

If we don't get to her quick enough she becomes hysterical and breath holds and then she's up for ages!

This is every single night and I'm exhausted! On a bad night she can be awake 12 times a night.

Doc says she's bit too young for melatonin. She has good bedtime routine etc etc. We've tried her in a bed an she only slept for 3 hours a night was disastrous! I'm out of ideas and out of energy sad

Chundle Thu 08-Sep-11 11:32:50

Oh forgot to say she has a one hour nap at lunchtime tried dropping this makes things worse and she won't sleep for longer either during the day

lightwind Mon 12-Sep-11 17:58:30

Gosh I feel for you.
I have a 3.5 yr old who has probably slept through 2-3 times in his entire existence - and I'm ready to start a support group/parliamentary group for the rights of/online petition/demonstration outside the Home Office for sleep deprived mums.
I won't go into the details - I'm pretty sure I'm to blame for his disrupted sleep pattern- just wanted to say I understand how soul destroying a life without regular sleep is.
One thing that has proven helpful is when my little boy gets lots and lots of physical exercise. But I tend to find myself in a bit of a Catch 22 situation -the fact I'm exhausted means I'm a lazy sod and don't go to the park, which means not enough exercise etc etc.
Hang in there. Good luck. Let me know if there's a magical solution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now