Talk

Advanced search

Mothers of 10 year-old girls, need your opinions about something please

(8 Posts)
lovecheese Tue 06-Sep-11 16:31:25

DD has complained today that she has a sharp pain up her fanjo, sorry to be crude, that feels like "A piece of glass" confused She says she has had it before but hasn't mentioned it; she has also been complaining of what sound like period pains on and off for a few months now. I'm guessing that her periods are not too far away - she is quite tall for her age and sporty - but the comment about the sharp pain has worried me a bit.

Anyone who is in a similar position with their DD's recall something like this? I was a late bloomer and am too old to remember the first signs!

Thanks.

Takver Tue 06-Sep-11 17:20:10

Is it worth taking her to the Dr and checking that she doesn't have thrush?

lovecheese Tue 06-Sep-11 17:23:17

Would thrush give a sharp pain, Takver?. Never had it myself.

mrswoodentop Tue 06-Sep-11 17:24:00

I would get her checked out but as a teenager i always had a pain like this just before my period was about to start,its like a shooting pain.Still get it now but maybe after 3 children i am less sensitiveblush.The good thing was that I rarely got caught short as a teenager because i knew when I got the pain it would be hear within 6 hours or less.

lovecheese Tue 06-Sep-11 17:32:51

She starts year 6 tomorrow - would be a bit of a bugger to start her periods too. Will get her in a warm bath and have some TLC later.

Thanks for the replies smile

Takver Tue 06-Sep-11 18:02:04

It does me sometimes, lovecheese. But hopefully (?) just a sign of impending periods.

ednurse Tue 06-Sep-11 18:31:21

I get this too, although have the contraceptive injection and no periods so not really sure....

hope your dd is feeling better soon

lovecheese Tue 06-Sep-11 20:51:40

Thanks for the responses. She was looking a bit washed out so i gave her some good 'ol calpol, an episode of Horrible Histories and a bath and she was much brighter when she went to bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now