Talk

Advanced search

19 mth son waking ever few hours for last month after moving house - any advice? ....please!

(3 Posts)
AliceH123 Mon 05-Sep-11 20:17:59

My 19mth old boy was sleeping fine - woke up occasionally in the night but then went straight back to sleep when we lay him back down in his cot. Then we moved house and for the last month we have been up and down all night with him. He is in a separate room (as he was previously), and he wakes up and screams until we go in. He is sometimes only half awake and a stroke of the head sends him straight back to sleep. Other times he is awake but goes back to sleep when we lay him back down. But it's happening ever few hours every night. He doesn't sleep much (if at all) during the day. We are really struggling and starting to feel unwell with the lack of sleep. Does anyone have any advice?

An0therName Mon 05-Sep-11 20:53:00

you can get a sleep regression at 18 months - development thing - think the moving house probably isn't the reason. I would have thought he would need some sleep in the day as being over tired really won't help as well. I am in similar situation and am trying to be more rigid about when naps happen, and make sure bedtime is early enought

AliceH123 Mon 05-Sep-11 21:15:03

Thanks, I've just had a look at sleep regression and it does sound like it's what he has. He settles straight away when he sees us. He goes to bed between 6-7pm, but he rarely sleeps during the day and if he does, the night tends to be worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now