Talk

Advanced search

Suitable TV Programmes to watch with my 17month DD

(10 Posts)
Gormella Tue 30-Aug-11 19:32:40

Hi, my DD has not really been exposed to much TV as yet, just some Baby Einstein DVDs and a few episodes of ITNG a few months back. She always seemed to get overstimulated after watching so I was reluctant to put it on again until she was a bit older.

Can anyone recommend some Programmes please? I guess my first thought is to just put CBeebies on and see what's on?

deepfriedcupcake Tue 30-Aug-11 20:09:18

CBeebies is great. DS2 (16months) bops about when Octonauts starts and has just discovered Baby Jake - endless giggles. Nice to have an absence of adverts as well. It's harmless enough to let them watch alone if you need to pop into the next room but lovely to watch with them and talk / sing along with.

Gormella Tue 30-Aug-11 20:30:08

thankyou, just had a quick look at CBeebies online and baby Jake, Octonauts and waybuloo seem good!

happygilmore Tue 30-Aug-11 21:14:16

my dd loves the theme tune to most cbeebies programmes, she absolutely loves somthing special.

happygilmore Tue 30-Aug-11 21:14:38

somthing? oh the shame blush

olivo Tue 30-Aug-11 21:16:07

DD1 started watching Peppa Pig at about 16mo. SHe also liked Miffy ( DVD only i think) and Maisie, both very gentle, and far less weird than ITNG and Waybuloos. i was delighted when DD2 got into Peppa Pig, there are some fab new episodes!

charlottesmumkat Tue 30-Aug-11 21:18:35

my 16month has just started showing interest in tv, she loves something special, he does same funny signs as she knows lol and anything with music is always good

mollycuddles Tue 30-Aug-11 21:21:28

Dd2 is 15 months. She loves itng which I don't understand at all. Also something special and teletubbies. Dd1 is 10 and loved Balamory when she was little and still remembers it with fondness. She loves watching it with her baby sister. Dd2 loves waving at everybody and sings along with the theme tune but won't watch an episode if dd1 isn't with her.

smelli Tue 30-Aug-11 21:21:42

My 19 month old loves Waybuloo. It's quite relaxing too.

BeeMyBaby Tue 30-Aug-11 21:25:08

My 18mo loves Baby Jake as well (especially the hamsternots!), and also likes Waybuloo because of the yogo, although tends to wonder off for the middle section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now