Talk

Advanced search

Tweaking DD's routine?

(4 Posts)
kellieb7 Tue 30-Aug-11 15:41:01

My lovely DD is 8 months old and we have never really had much of a routine as such as she literally spent the first 4 months of her life attached to my breast so this didn't leave much space for anything else grin

She now appears to have sort of developed her own schedule and we have an order to how we do things which is great.

I return to work in December and DD will be going to Nursery for 2 days, the problem is in the morning she wakes at around 6am, has her milk and then plays for about an hour before breakfast, at this point she is exhausted and really needs to sleep, obviously on the days she goes to nursery this will not be possible and I know she will be super cranky as she will fall asleep immediately in the car and its only a 10 minute drive.

So my question is can anyone suggest where I can tweak our morning routine or shall I just wait and see how she is as I am aware she will be that little bit older and may be able to stay awake a little longer??

thesurgeonsmate Tue 30-Aug-11 15:50:27

My own experience of a 'natural' routine is that it develops and changes and it's too early to think about what's going to be happening in December. We've had all sorts of different approaches to mornings over time.

girliefriend Tue 30-Aug-11 15:55:58

Am sure by Dec shw will be able to be awake a bit longer in the morning and then the nursery would be more than happy to put her down for a nap at 10am ish. What time does she go to bed out of interest and does she have another kip in the afternoon?

kellieb7 Tue 30-Aug-11 16:53:17

Thanks for the replies. She goes to bed about 7:30 and may wake for a feed about 4am but then goes back down until 6/7am. She usually has another sleep in the afternoon after her lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now