Talk

Advanced search

teeth grinding in 9 month old

(7 Posts)
milkyjo Tue 30-Aug-11 08:44:28

Is this normal? He's got his bottom two and top two now. Is he doing this because he's got new teeth and its something different? He was clicking his jaw a lot before but has now stopped that.

MrsNozzle Tue 30-Aug-11 11:06:38

I've no idea milkyjo, but I'd be interested to see other's responses as my 10mo DS does exactly the same thing! It sets my own teeth right on edge!

milkyjo Tue 30-Aug-11 16:35:22

Done a bit more searching on the internet and it turns out they are just experimenting with their new acquisitions at that age! Its horrible though isn't it?! Hopefully they'll grow out of it soon!

Tee2072 Tue 30-Aug-11 16:37:48

Perfectly normal! My dentist says he thinks milk teeth are provided just so the child can get this sort of thing out of their system. grin

fuzzyfeltfox Wed 31-Aug-11 20:32:22

we get lots of sucking at them too and sort of flicking them with his fingernails- horrible noises both. I shall look forward to tooth grinding when the top ones have come through fully hmm

Pfriend Wed 31-Aug-11 20:49:33

Ooh, it's horrid isn't it? But then if you had some funny new lumpy things in your mouth that you could make a funny noise with, you just would, wouldn't you grin

Wholelottalove Wed 31-Aug-11 21:24:05

DS has got his top and bottom ones through and he's grinding them as well. It sounds horrible, but I remember his sister doing it as well for a bit and she stopped after a while. DS also pulls some amazingly weird faces - again like his sister did at 8 months or so - think they just love playing with their new teeth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now