Talk

Advanced search

At what age do moles appear?

(12 Posts)
NeedToSleepZZZ Mon 29-Aug-11 19:20:11

my ds will be 7 months tomorrow and has a black spot on his head, at first I thought it was a little scab from scratching himself but it isn't and it's been there for two weeks now. I'm probably being very pfb but I'm wondering whether to take him to the docs or not. Do you think it could be a mole and I'm worrying about nothing?

RuthChan Mon 29-Aug-11 19:49:15

It could most certainly be a mole.
My DCs were born with one or two, but I have noticed them increasing in number as they grow up.
They seem to randomly appear with no apparent warning or reason.
I also notice my own appearing occassionally like that too.

Tonksforthememories Mon 29-Aug-11 19:51:11

My DDs have them between the same 2 toes, really wierd! They and DS have all had them from birth AFAIK.

OddBoots Mon 29-Aug-11 19:53:50

ds got one at about that age and has only had 3 more in the years since (at least that I know about - he is 12 so I don't see all over him!)

ragged Mon 29-Aug-11 19:56:26

DS11 seems to be still sprouting new ones (very moley family)

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Mon 29-Aug-11 19:57:37

DD1 has one (large freckle really) which appeared around age 2. I would probably just check with the HV next time you go.

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Mon 29-Aug-11 19:57:37

DD1 has one (large freckle really) which appeared around age 2. I would probably just check with the HV next time you go.

NeedToSleepZZZ Mon 29-Aug-11 20:00:31

Thank you for your reassurance, OH and I are very 'moley' so I did expect him to have some, it's just it's on his head where I can't apply suncream ( very hairy baby!) and he doesn't wear his hat all the time (prefers to eat it in his pram...).

mo3d Mon 29-Aug-11 20:02:27

My first dd had a mole appear at 6 months on the back of her hand.

NotJustKangaskhan Mon 29-Aug-11 20:06:41

My eldest sprouted a mole in his armpit at a similar age, it did catch me by surprise.

DeWe Mon 29-Aug-11 21:11:21

Dd1 had quite a large (5mm) one on her foot at the 6 week check. I remember being concerned. At age 10 it hasn't grown much bigger at all, certainly in relation to the size of the foot.
She's been getting a lot more moles in the last couple of years.

rhetorician Mon 29-Aug-11 21:55:29

DD is 2.6 and has 3 or 4 moles - one of them in the exact same place as her mum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now